The media center collection is comprised of over 8,000 print items as well as numerous digital resources. Available resources include books, reference materials, magazines, eBooks and eAudiobooks. In addition, students have access to numerous databases including the many resources in PA Power Library, as well as Gale Student Resources in Context, Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context, Salem Online, Infobase eBooks , CultureGrams and World Book Online.
The Media Center supports the educational programs at the high school and provides materials, resources, instruction in research and use of online databases, booktalks, assistance with technology or interlibrary loan, and collaborates with teachers to provide special activities for students.
The Media Center is a place for creativity, collaboration, discovery, and research.
Media Center Hours
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Meet the Librarian
Elizabeth Henry, Secondary Librarian
Ms. Henry has been the librarian at L-S HS since 2007. Since 2011, she has served as librarian at both the middle school and high school. Prior to joining the staff at L-S, she worked for several years as the librarian at East Juniata High School in McAlisterville, PA. Outside of school, Ms. Henry's hobbies include reading (of course!) She also enjoys volunteering at the Quarryville Library over summer break.
- M.S. in Library Science, Clarion University
- B.S. Ed. in Library Science, Clarion University
- Pioneer Yearbook Business Advisor
- Pioneer Pageturners Student Bookclub Co-Advisor
- HS Leadership Council Member
- MS Creative Arts Team
- Martin Meylin Reading Olympics Co-Advisor
- Lancaster-Lebanon Librarians Collaborative
- Lancaster County Library Association
- PSLA (Pennsylvania School Librarians Association)
- Member, PSLA Teaching & Learning - Literature Review
- AASL (American Association of School Librarians)
- ALA (American Library Association.