School Health Program
Throughout the school year, the school nurse will conduct various health screenings in accordance with state mandates. Immunization and health records are compiled and maintained throughout a student's educational career. The parent has access to the student's most recent screenings through PowerSchool.
The health room personnel will provide basic first aid and care. If a child becomes ill or injured during the school day, the nurse will assess the student, provide appropriate care, and will communicate with a parent or guardian if the child is seriously injured or ill.
The school nurse is not licensed to diagnose. The school nurse welcomes questions from students and parents. However, the health room is not to be used as a replacement for medical care from your family healthcare provider.
Mandated School Health Services:
- Height and weight for all students each year (K-12)
- BMI and BMI percentage for all students each year (K-12)
- Vision screening for all students each year (K-12)
- Hearing screening in grades K, 1, 2, 3, 7, and 11 and all learning support students
- Physicals in grades K, 6, and 11. See School Physical Notification Form and School Physical Form
- Dental in grades K, 3, and 7. See School Dental Notification Form and School Dental Form
- Scoliosis Screening in grades 6 and 7. Sixth grade physical can be used in lieu of sixth grade screen.
Children may not attend school if they exhibit any of the following:
- Temperature of 100 degrees of higher. Student needs to be fever free without medication for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Vomiting or diarrhea within 24 hours before school. Students must be vomit-free and free of episodes of diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Contagious conditions such as, but not limited to COVID, flu, strep throat, pink eye, impetigo, scabies, or ringworm
If a child is sick with any of the above symptoms or is contagious, it is the responsibility of the parent or other person(s) listed on the emergency form to pick the child up from school without delay.
If you have any questions about your child's health, please feel free to contact the school nurse at your child's school.